Enliven day programmes
Enliven’s day programmes have been designed to brighten your day, and even change your life.
Enliven’s day programmes are structured activity programmes, designed by trained diversional therapists and run by our recreation staff and volunteers. The programmes provide older people living in their own home or with family an opportunity to get out of the house, take part in a range of activities, stay active and socialise with others at a similar stage of life.
Each programme is run from one of our rest homes or community cottages, which means the environment is safe, friendly, relaxed and well set up for those with mobility or medical needs.
Activities are tailored to the group’s interests and are flexible enough to happen in a way that suits each attendee. Activities include themed events, sight-seeing trips, board games, sewing and craft, gentle exercise classes, music and a wide variety of visiting entertainers.
Enliven day programmes benefit family carers too
Caring for a loved one can be demanding and tiring work, both physically and emotionally.
An Enliven day programme gives family carers a chance to take a break, catch up on everyday activities and chores and focus on your own wellbeing. Best of all, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your loved one is safe and enjoying all that Enliven’s homes have to offer.
Where are Enliven’s day programmes?
Enliven Central’s day programmes are based at Enliven’s homes and cottages across the lower North Island. For more information about the home you or your loved one will visit as a day guest, check out the home’s webpage:
- Brightwater Home in Palmerston North – Brightwater Home’s day programme runs Tuesday to Thursday from 9am to 3pm. Brightwater Home can also cater for day guests on other days and outside of the day programme hours – talk to the team about the options available.
- Chalmers Home in New Plymouth, Taranaki
- Coombrae Home in Feilding, Manawatu – Coombrae Home’s day programme runs Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4pm. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
- Huntleigh Home in Karori, Wellington – Huntleigh Home’s day programme runs Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10am to 4pm. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
- Kandahar Court in Masterton, Wairarapa
- Kandahar Home in Masterton, Wairarapa
- Kapiti Activity Programme, Paraparaumu – The Kapiti Activity Programme at Kapiti Cottage runs Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm. This is a specialist programme for elders living with dementia and other health conditions. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided and transport can be arranged.
- Kowhainui Home in Otamatea, Whanganui – Kowhainui Home’s day programme runs on Tuesdays and Thursday from 9am to 3pm. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided. Transport may be able to be arranged.
- Reevedon Home in Levin, Horowhenua
- Woburn Home in Woburn, Lower Hutt – Woburn Home’s day programme runs Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided and transport can be arranged.
Costs for Enliven day programmes
Costs for Enliven day programmes vary depending on your needs and circumstances. The service can be paid for privately, however funding is often available. Talk to us about the options available to you.