Enliven’s short-term respite service gives family carers a chance to recharge their batteries while their loved one enjoys a ‘holiday’ at an Enliven home.
Enliven offers short-term residential care at most of our homes (subject to availability). This can be for a few days, a week or longer periods, depending on the needs of the person and their caregiver.
Enliven respite for family carers
Caring for a loved one can be demanding and tiring work, both physically and emotionally.
Enliven’s short-term residential respite gives you a chance to take a good break and focus on your own wellbeing. Best of all, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your loved one is safe and enjoying all that Enliven’s homes have to offer.
Enliven respite for elders
Many of the respite guests who come to Enliven homes tell us they feel like they’ve been on holiday.
Respite offers elders a chance to enjoy a change of scenery and the companionship of others at a similar stage of life. Respite guests are also invited to take part in the home’s tailored recreation activities and social events, which include arts and crafts, quizzes, sight-seeing, gentle exercise and themed parties.
Of course, at Enliven homes all respite guests have their own rooms, all their meals provided and access to 24-hour practical assistance for the duration of their stay.
For those planning for the future, taking a respite ‘holiday’ is a great way to experience life at an Enliven home.
Where is Enliven respite available?
All Enliven Central homes are able to offer short-term respite, subject to availability. For more information about the home you may be visiting, check out the home’s webpage:
- Cashmere Home in Johnsonville, Wellington
- Cashmere Heights Home in Johnsonville, Wellington
- Chalmers Home in New Plymouth, Taranaki
- Coombrae Home in Feilding, Manawatu
- Huntleigh Home in Karori, Wellington
- Kandahar Home in Masterton, Wairarapa
- Kandahar Court in Masterton, Wairarapa
- Kowhainui Home in Otamatea, Whanganui
- Levin Home for War Veterans, Horowhenua
- Longview Home in Tawa, Wellington
- Reevedon Home in Levin, Horowhenua
- Willard Home in Palmerston North, Manawatu
- Woburn Home in Woburn, Lower Hutt
Costs for respite care vary depending on your needs and circumstances. The service can be paid for privately, however funding is often available. Talk to us about the options available to you.